Dreaming of a Byron Bay wedding? Read on for wedding information and ideas.
Byron Bay and the Tweed Coast is so spectacularly diverse in its natural beauty that it offers something for all couples thinking of getting married.
Whether you dream of exchanging vows on the beach or saying “I do” under the canopy of a lush rainforest, the landscape here is so varied and beautiful you’ll be spoilt for choice.
There is something so wonderfully unique about the Byron Bay and Tweed Coast that it can only be described as a “vibe”, an energy that makes it the perfect choice for an unforgettable wedding experience.
Quick page links
Byron Bay Wedding Ideas
With more than 70 kilometres of spectacular coastline between Byron Bay and the Gold Coast, there are literally dozens of beautiful beaches to choose from. Some beaches are easily accessible and very popular while others are hidden oasis’ away from the crowds.
If you or your guests won’t appreciate sand between their toes then consider one of our beautiful beachfront reserves. Make sure you contact local council regarding regulations and obtaining the necessary permits, if required.
Event and Wedding Venues
Byron Bay and the Tweed Coast is dotted with a wide range of wedding venues that cater to events of all sizes. From restaurants overlooking our spectacular coastline to rustic venues and eco-farms hidden in the Hinterland offering vistas of rolling hills and the Hinterland.
Byron Bay Lighthouse
Taking the iconic walk up to the Byron Bay Lighthouse is worth the effort as you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views of the coast, beaches and stunning Hinterland.
Mount Warning Rainforest Park
Mt Warning Rainforest Park is nestled in the rainforest at the foot of the World Heritage Listed Mt Warning National Park, and is only an hours’ drive from the world famous beaches of the Gold Coast and Byron Bay.
Byron Bay and Tweed Coast Wedding Venues
Below are helpful Byron Bay and Tweed Coast wedding venue links to help you plan your big day. While this list is no way complete and does not include all wedding venues in the area, it offers an insight into the diverse range of options available.
- Beach Byron Bay – Beach weddings with natural simplicity »
- Osteria @ Casaurina – Tucked away in the relaxed coastal town of Casaurina »
- Summer Grove Estate – Breathtaking views of Mt Warning and the Gold Coast »
- Frida’s Field – A picture-perfect little farm »
- Forget Me Not Farm – A working cattle farm just a stone’s throw from Bangalow »
- Summer Hills Retreat – Located in the Byron Bay Hinterland »
- Bangalow Guest House – Secluded luxury in Bangalow town and bordered by Byron Bay Creek »
- Bathhouse Tides – A boutique villa in the Hinterland overlooking Lennox Head and East Ballina »
- The Figs Byron – A tropical retreat with panoramic views of the Nichtgap Ranges National Park »
- Byron View Farm – A 100-year-old property with uninterrupted ocean to mountain views »
- The Earth House – A beautiful 110 acre farm setting with spectacular mountain and hinterland views
- Fig Tree Restaurant Byron Bay – Sophisticated ambience with country charm and stunning views
- Sundays at Byron – Located high on the escarpment overlooking Byron Bay
- Ewingsdale Hall & Ewingsdale Church – Two of Byron Bay’s most historic buildings »
- Barefoot at Broken Head – A private house approved for wedding receptions »
- The Orchard Estate – A 100 acre macadamia farm in the Byron Bay Hinterland »
- Hinterland House – Luxury accommodation and wedding venue in the Hinterland »
- Nightcap Ridge – Country chic in a lush rainforest setting »
- Byron Bay Surf Club – Beautiful views of Main Beach, Cape Byron Lighthouse, Julian Rocks and Mt Warning
Byron Bay Beach Wedding Permits
The beaches of Byron Bay and along the Tweed Coast are some of the most spectacular in Australia. They attract couples from around the world who have always dreamed of a beach wedding, with the sand between your toes, the waves in the background and the blue sky above. But, if you’re planning to get married on the beach or along any of the regions foreshore reserves, we strongly recommend you check with local Council first about whether you will require a permit.
- Byron Bay Council wedding permits and information »
- Gold Coast Council wedding permits and information »
Wedding Accommodation in Byron Bay
Byron Bay and the Tweed Coast offers a wide range of wedding guest accommodation options to suit all budgets and group numbers.
- Hire a private residence on the beach or a sprawling country estate in the hinterland
- Rent an apartment, townhouse or studio in the heart of town
- Stay at one of the five-star resorts dotted along the coast
- Enjoy the charm and friendly hospitality of a local guesthouse
- Get pampered and enjoy some well earned R&R at one of the Hinterland’s spectacular retreats
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat »
- Elements of Byron Bay »
- Byron @ Byron Resort »
- The Cape at Wategos Resort »
- Peppers Sale Resort & Spa »
Byron Bay Wedding Cars
With our elegant, spacious and spotless vehicles and our professional and personal approach, you will not be disappointed.
We affectionately call our meticulously restored Kombi Agapi, which translates into “love”. She seats five passengers in the back facing each other and two passengers in the front. Bluetooth connectivity so choose your own tunes.
This funky red, vintage Volkswagon Beetle is available for weddings and formal events. It’s also the perfect way to explore Byron Bay, the Tweed Coast and Gold Coast areas. Put the top down, enjoy the sunshine and warmth of the topics.
Our black and white V8 Holden Caprice sedans feature a full leather interior, tinted windows and air conditioning. They offer adequate seat and leg room for wedding dresses, veils and trains and can comfortably transport the wedding party.
Our Mercedes Benz mini van features a luxury interior and tinted windows. The spacious interior is perfect for wedding party transportation. The high roof height means guest can even stand up inside. It comfortably seats 11 passengers.
Features of our wedding car hire service
- Ribbon on the car (if required)
- Red carpet (if required)
- Spotlessly clean interior and exterior
- Intimate knowledge of the local area to ensure you arrive in style and on time
Book a 3 hour car hire package and receive an additional 30 minutes free. Many wedding parties take advantage of this additional time to explore photo opportunities in a range of locations.
Our wedding and formal car hire service caters to all areas from the Gold Coast to Byron Bay including the Tweed Coast and Tweed Coast Valley. This includes Murwillumbah, Cabarita Beach, Hastings Point, Brunswick Heads, Burringbar, Ocean Shores, Kingscliff, Casaurina, and Pottsville. We also service the following Gold Coast suburbs: Coolangatta, Kirra, Palm Beach, Miami, Surfers Paradise and Cabarita.